If you have ever thought you’d like to be the owner of a Murphy Bed, but never thought it would be possible — you are not alone. Lots of us are on that bandwagon. For most of us, the issue at hand is that we don’t think we can afford a Murphy Bed or we don’t think we can install a Murphy Bed on our own. Those two reasons no longer have to stop you from getting what you want. With these Chest Beds, you have a more affordable option and you don’t even need to install it at all!
What Is A Chest Bed?
Chest Beds (sometimes called Cabinet Murphy Beds) are a perfect addition to any room that could benefit from more space. Talk about innovative! A bed that folds into a stylish chest will help you keep your room neat and attractive. The top of the cabinet is always stationary so you can feel free to fill it up with anything that you would like to have on display. It also includes a big drawer that is available for storage when the bed is open and when it is closed. Most people use that as a place to keep the pillows and blankets that will be used while sleeping on the Chest Bed. It is also a convenient place for visiting guests to keep their personal items.
No Installation Required!
Perhaps, the best part about the Chest Bed is that it is freestanding. What does this mean? That it doesn’t have to be anchored to the floor or wall or anything. It stays in place and is fully supported in the open and the closed position. This gives you nearly endless options of what to do with it. Put your Chest Bed in front of a window. Put your chest bed under the TV that is mounted to the wall. You can put your Chest Bed anywhere!
Then if you want, you can easily move it to the other side of the room. Or the other side of your home. Or the other side of the country. This is one reason a Chest Bed is the perfect piece of furniture for anyone who is renting because you generally don’t have the option to drill into the wall or floor. Your Chest Bed will take a small amount of assembly, but it is a piece of cake compared to your typical Murphy Beds. When your Chest Bed is delivered, you’ll find a set of easy to follow instructions that will take you less than 10 steps to complete.
You can have a great bed and that is all well and good, but if the mattress is not up to par — it won’t matter what kids of bed you have. Add this to the list of reasons that a Chest Bed is so popular. It comes with a 6” gel-infused memory foam mattress that was designed with comfort and durability in mind. They are designed in a way that the seams will mold together so you’ll never know they are there! It is firm and supportive. There’s no doubt that you will be more than comfortable. It’s also the perfect size (standard queen or about 60” wide and 80” long) for you to add a mattress topper if you choose.
Focus On Quality
If you are going to makes an investment into something like a Chest Bed, you are going to want to make sure you choose something that is high-quality and will stand the test of time. It is not rare to find a wide range of quality in these pieces of furniture. This should be one of your biggest considerations. Choosing a company that takes pride in being an industry leader in quality and durability (and customer service) will save you from a lot of potential headaches down the road.
The Other Stuff
Here are some more informational nuggets that you’ll want to be aware of about Chest Beds.
- The Chest Bed is tested to 600 lbs. This means that two adults should be able to sleep comfortably and safely without having any issues.
- They come with cool nightstands on the sides that flip up to provide a handy spot for your phone, drink, glasses, or whatever else you might want to have at arm’s reach during the night.
- There are built-in power outlets that will plug into any wall and gives you access to two 110v outlets and two USBs outlets for charging.
Why People Love Chest Beds
If you are still unsure about whether you would love a Chest Bed (or any other Murphy Bed), doing some research will help you make the right decision. The best source will be the testimonials from people who have already made the decision to invest in one. You’ll soon learn that people are loving their Chest Beds. Here’s a quick look at the type of comments you’ll find.
- People appreciate the standard options that are stylish. But they REALLY appreciate the ability to create your own customized Murphy Bed or Chest Bed. You’ll have your choice of a variety of woods and colors.
- People also enjoy having more space in their homes. A Chest Bed or Murphy Bed will make you see and use your space in a whole new way. A professional Murphy Bed design team can help you make the most use of your available space. Plus, a lot of the Murphy Bed styles have additional options such as storage cabinets, drawers, and more. These can also help save you some space.
- Dual-function beds are the best! The kids would love to have a set of Murphy Bunk Beds that would easily fold away and give them lots of play area. Everyone needs a sofa. Everyone needs a bed. Get both with just one piece of furniture!
- Many people have a problem. A Chest Bed or other style of Murphy Bed is a solution. We all end up collecting things over the years and in many cases, wind up with way more things than we need and have room for. This is especially true if you’ve got kids. Adding a Chest Bed or Murphy Bed can help you have that playroom or home office you’ve been wanting.
- This seems foreign to me, and maybe you too, but there are some people that actually like and want to assemble the bed themselves. With most Chest Beds and Murphy Beds, that is exactly what happens. If you would like to minimize the work required on your part, the Chest Bed is the way to go.
We could all use a little more space in our lives. And with just one call to a leading Chest Bed company like Wilding Wallbeds — you could gain that space. If you have any questions about Chest Beds or just need to order one — they are a Murphy Bed dealer that will be happy to help you out.