With the average cost of a new truck costing upwards of $28,000, it makes sense that many off-roading aficionados also use their “off-roading truck” as their work truck. If this is the case for you chances are you’re going to need to modify your truck by adding a few accessories that allow your truck to be ultra efficient for work while remaining adaptable for off-roading excursions. Off-roading accessories that can increase your work performance and enhance your off-roading experience include ladder racks, bed liners, and tonneau covers to name a few. Below we’ve listed some of the most underrated off-road accessories that are suitable for both work and play. If you’d like to request additional information about the following accessories or any other off-road accessories you’re in the market for contact LINE-X of South Tampa.
Tampa Off-Road Accessories For Work & Play
Probably one of the most, if not the most important off-road accessories you can install onto your truck is a bed liner. Specifically, a bed liner that is designed to take a beating from the elements, off-road gear, work tools and anything else you or Mother Nature can throw at it. For a bed liner in Tampa that is tougher than the rest and backed by a lifetime warranty, you want a LINE-X Spray-On Bed Liner. LINE-X bed liners are designed to resist harsh chemicals such as diesel fuel, bleach, and chlorine. Additionally, these off-road truck bed liners are engineered to be sound dampening, impact absorbing and resistant against leaks which can cause rust and corrosion to your truck bed. The highly effective, patented formula of LINE-X spray-on bed liners creates a permanent bond so that no space is lost along with no cracks or bubbling in your bed liner. For prices and installation, call LINE-X of South Tampa today. The application process takes no more than a couple of hours and within 24 hours your truck will be able to handle almost anything.
Coming in right behind bed liners, as far as the level of importance is a Tonneau cover. Tonneau covers in Tampa are an important safety and truck bed protection accessory that often are looked over. There are many different options to choose from when it comes to tonneau covers and choosing the right one for you will come down to your personal style, why you need the tonneau cover and your budget. Here are a few of the most common tonneau covers that are used for work and off-roading activities:
- Folding Tonneau Covers – A great option for people working with a smaller budget, folding tonneau covers are made of either soft or hard panels that are separated into sections for easy folding.
- Roll-Up Tonneau Covers – Brands like BAKflip sell quality rolling or roll-up tonneau covers. Similar to folding tonneau covers in Tampa, roll-up tonneau covers are water-resistant, made of soft material and budget-friendly.
- Hinged Tonneau Covers – These covers offer additional protection from the elements and even thieves and are a fantastic addition to your truck. Many hinged tonneau covers come with a lock for additional security. If you plan on keeping expensive gear or pricy tools in the back of your truck a hinged cover is your best option.
- Retractable Tonneau Covers – Retractable tonneau covers are usually made of a UV resistant hard material that is both waterproof and scratch resistant. These covers provide extra security like that of a hinged tonneau cover while remaining one of the easiest models of tonneau covers in Tampa to use. Both DiamondBack and LINE-X are leaders in the retractable tonneau cover market. To get your rig outfitted with one of these tough-as-nails tonneau covers, call LINE-X of South Tampa for a free quote. You can also find additional information about how to choose the right tonneau cover for you, here.
If you’re looking to increase your work performance, have more cargo space and protect your work equipment or off-road gear, a Tampa ladder rack is a necessary accessory for your truck. Adding ladder racks, sometimes called utility racks to your truck bed will allow for more space and fewer trips when you’re hauling or unloading heavy items like lumber, pipes, rails, ladders, etc. Ladder racks also will increase your work productivity by facilitating a more simplified loading and unloading process.
Bed Rails & Caps
When you’re loading and unloading gear from the back of your truck bed, the top edge of your truck bed and tailgate can get royally scuffed up if you don’t have the right protection. Whether you decide to get bed caps, rails or both this off-road accessory in Tampa is a great addition to any truck you use on and off the trails. Here’s how to determine which of these products is suited for you or if getting both is actually the optimal choice for you:
- Bed Caps – Bed caps are primarily used on the top edge of the truck bed and tailgate for protection against damaged paint, corrosion, and rust. Depending on which brands you choose from bed caps can be simple or highly stylized.
- Bed Rails – In addition to protecting the top of the truck bed, bed rails come with the added bonus of being a secure tie down structure for keeping larger items in place from point A to point B.
Both bed caps and bed rails in Tampa are built to last, so choosing one or the other (or both) is definitely worth the investment.
If you would like additional information about any of our products, please stop by or give us a call at (813) 235-0472, we look forward to serving you in the near future.