It’s that time of year again, summer has ended, fall is in full swing, winter is quickly approaching, and pumpkin spice is everywhere. As the seasons change so do the wardrobes. Tank tops, shorts, summer dresses and sandals are put away and replaced with jeans, sweaters, jackets and beanies. Fall and winter are the times of year when function meets fashion and you don’t have to sacrifice style for warmth. Plus, with online clothing boutiques everything you need to spice up your wardrobe can be found just a few clicks away. So, bundle up as we give you the top ten must haves to get you through the long winter months.
Top Ten Fall and Winter Fashion Must Haves
- Skinny Jeans – Skinny Jeans are a must have again this year. Their sleek and streamlined design allows you to pair them with anything while dressing them up or down. Wear them with tennis shoes and a sweatshirt while running to the grocery store and then change into a chic sweater and pointy toe heels in the evening for a nice dinner. The lack of bulk allows you to layer for warmth and you will find that they are made to fit under your knee-high boots. Available at several online clothing boutiques, make sure you have your skinny jeans for all occasions.
- Leggings – Leggings are the way to go when you want to be bold on top and more reserved on the bottom. They are a great neutral addition to any outfit and just like skinny jeans you can layer them, pair them with anything and dress them up or down. Most online clothing boutiques offer leggings in a variety of materials and colors and some even have the popular moto leggings that add some texture and sass.
- Cable Knit Sweaters – Nothing says warm and cozy like a cable knit sweater. These amazing sweaters can be worn with leggings, skinny jeans, skirts, dress pants, or even leather pants. Dress up your sweater with a collared shirt underneath or wear a scarf for a touch of drama. The functionality of these sweaters will allow you to get several looks with the same sweater. One tip, when looking at online clothing boutiques make sure you check prices, we found similar sweaters for drastically different prices.
- Cardigans – When the weather outside is cold that means that the heat is on inside so finding something that can be worn inside, and outside is important in the cold months. Cardigans are the perfect stylish choice and allow you to layer to accommodate your daily plans. With a tee shirt, tank top, or light long sleeved shirt on underneath you will be able to handle any temperature you find yourself in. So, whether you’re running in and out of stores shopping, catching a chill in your office, or simply cozying up to a warm fire a cardigan is a fashionable way to go.
- Knitted Jumper Dresses – Cold, chilly days mean that the time for summer dresses is gone, and the time for knitted jumper dresses is just beginning. Show off your legs by pairing it with knee-high boots or make sure you stay warm and pair it with tights and flats. Either way you go, you can’t go wrong with how you style your knitted jumper dress. These dresses can be form fitting or relaxed, long or short so check out several online dress boutiques to see which style will work best for you.
- Statement Jackets – Fall and winter are full of neutral colors so what better way to bring some color to your outfit then with a bold, colorful jacket? After all, when it’s cold and you’re bundled up your jacket is what people can see so make a statement. A pink, bright blue, red, lime green or even metallic statement jacket is the perfect way to stand out against the dreariness of winter. If bright colors aren’t your thing, then experiment with different lengths, materials and textures any or all of which can help you stand out in a crowd.
- Boots – Both ankle and over the knee boots are the go-to footwear for fall and winter. Ankle boots are the shoe that never gets old, which is why they can be worn year-round. Their versatility allows them to be worn to work, to dinner, with skirts or with jeans. No one can go wrong with a chic ankle boot no matter the outfit or occasion. Unlike ankle boots, over the knee boots are mainly worn in the winter, but they are still just as versatile as their shorter counterparts. Pair them with skinny jeans, leggings, or knitted jumper dresses to add an extra level of drama to your outfit while also adding an extra layer of warmth. If you’re short on time and need a complete change to your look simply switch the shoes you’re wearing out with your over the knee boots and you’ll be ready to go. A lot of online clothing boutiques also sell boots so make sure and shop around until you find a pair, or two, that will work perfectly for your needs.
- Scarves – Scarves are no longer just used to keep your neck warm or hide the curling iron burn on your neck. They have become the perfect effortless, stylish and adaptable accessory for any winter outfit. Whether they are colorful or neutral, patterned or plain, silk or wool, scarves are where fashion meets function. Plus, since scarves can be tied and worn in numerous ways you can pair one with any jacket, shirt, sweater or dress. Next time you get ready, consider swapping your necklace with a scarf and see your outfit transform.
- Beanies – Much like scarves, beanies combine the all-important “F’s”, fashion and function. They have been around for years and the trend does not seem to be going away anytime soon. Coming in an assortment of colors and styles CC Beanies will keep you warm while also looking great. Check out their messy bun beanie which allows you to put your hair in a ponytail or bun without the all annoying hair bump.
- Jewelry – Timeless and chic jewelry is always a must have accessory for any season. Online clothing retailers carry a wide variety of jewelry that can add a simple or bold touch to any outfit. The perfect necklace, ring, bracelet, or set of earrings can take an outfit from drab to fab instantly. Jewelry is often associated with evening glamour looks, but in reality, all outfits can be enhanced with the perfectly chosen jewelry.