No Asheville dental clinic does more to take care of all of your oral health care needs than Saunders DDS. This general family Asheville dental clinic performs a wide range of procedures. They will fully accommodate you and your smile.
Saunders DDS is committed to offering high quality, state-of-the-art dentistry in a professional and caring environment. This is done with dental implants, CEREC same-day crowns, and extractions to cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening and porcelain veneers. Here is a look at the services available at this great Asheville dental clinic.
Asheville Dental Clinic Prevention Services
They say the best offense is a great defense. Well, this applies to your oral health too. Saunders DDS is the best Asheville dental clinic to defend your mouth against a variety of dental problems. From oral cancer screenings to sealants to custom night guards for teeth grinding. You will get the prevention help you need to prevent many major dental health problems and maintain a healthy smile for life with the following procedures:
- Dental exams and x-rays: During your visit, every effort will be taken to make sure that you smile is healthy. And to uncover any problems that may exist or have the potential to exist in the future. During the exam, you’ll review medical history to identify risk factors. This helps know what could affect your oral health. Included in a inspection of your mouth may be x-rays. This is done to look for hidden tooth decay or structural problems. X-rays show things like wisdom teeth that are impacted, tooth roots, decay between teeth and tumors or cysts.
- Professional cleanings and home health education: A healthy mouth doesn’t just benefit your smile. It helps your whole body. This is why it is recommended to visit an Asheville dental clinic twice a year. Do this for a professional cleaning each time. Those appointments are the perfect time to review your at-home oral hygiene habits. Routine dental appointments are the best way to avoid costly and time-consuming dental problems!
- Sealants: Dental sealants act as a barrier for your teeth. They protect them against decay causing bacteria. They are usually applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth (premolars and molars). This is where decay occurs most often. A sealant is a composite material. It bonds into the depressions and grooves of teeth. These are places where it’s often impossible for a toothbrush to reach during your regular brushing routine.
- Gum treatment: As we age, we become less prone to tooth decay and more prone to periodontal disease. This is also known as gum disease. That’s why we check for gum disease as part of every hygiene visit at our Asheville dental clinic. Gum disease happens in stages and begins with gingivitis. That is minor inflammation of the gums. Gingivitis can quickly advance to periodontal disease. If you have moderate gum disease, it is possible to reverse the process with a deep cleaning, which includes cleaning your teeth and gums to remove any plaque, tartar, and bad bacteria that could be causing your gum disease.
Additional prevention services available at your Asheville dental. Those include oral cancer screenings, fluoride treatments, night guards and athletic guards.
If you do find yourself in a situation where you need more than prevention, Saunders DDS is a great Asheville dental clinic for your needs.
Asheville Dental Clinic Cosmetic And Restorative Dentistry
Embarrassed about your smile? Want beautiful white teeth for your wedding day? Saunders DDS can help. Cosmetic and restorative dentistry can restore your smile. It can also enhance your natural smile with the following procedures offered at this Asheville dental clinic:
- Dental implants: Dental implants are an alternative to missing teeth and dentures. They consist of an artificial tooth that’s anchored into the jaw. After the implant is in place, a crown will be attached to the end. The implant is generally made of titanium. Many people find that having a secure, anchored dental implant as opposed to dentures enables them to both feel and look like they have a natural tooth in place of their missing one!
- CEREC same-day crowns: CEREC stands for Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics. It is a way of making dental restorations such as fillings, crowns, or veneers right in the office. This is done with computer-aided design. Dr. Saunders can quickly restore damaged teeth using a durable material. Plus, it matches the natural color of the other teeth in your mouth. All in just one appointment. CEREC works using a computer that reads the digital impressions of your teeth. Then conveys them to a milling machine that will construct your dental restoration for you right in our office. You can get everything done in one simple visit.
- Teeth whitening: Having white teeth can increase your confidence and give you a stunning smile. Teeth whitening is a safe procedure. It helps remove superficial stains and naturally enhances the your smile. Teeth whitening has become popular in recent years. It is important to inquire about teeth whitening prior to getting any cosmetic dentistry done. Teeth whitening only works on your natural tooth enamel. This should be considered before any of these procedures are done. This procedure can easily be completed before your cosmetic dentistry work and be the first step in restoring your beautiful smile.
- Root canals: Nobody wants a root canal. But if you need one done, you want an Asheville dental clinic you can trust to do the procedure. You will be in good hands at Saunders DDS. So what is a root canal? When a tooth has been badly damaged by a cavity, trauma, or fracture, a root canal may be needed to save the tooth. Your dentist will carefully clean the inside of the tooth root system, removing the nerve tissue. That root and the space inside is cleaned. The infection is removed. Then, it’s sealed and a filling or crown is recommended as a final restoration. This enables you to keep your natural tooth while clearing the infection. The cavity is filled with a sealant to protect your tooth. The crown is put on top. This is to protect the cavity inside your tooth that was cleaned and sealed. It also prevents further damage.
Additional cosmetic and restorative services are available at your Asheville dental clinic. These include partials and dentures, oral surgery and emergency care.
The top priority for an Asheville dental clinic is the care of the patients. That is what you’ll get with Saunders DDS. If you’re looking for dental services in Asheville or have questions about payment options, contact Saunders DDS.